Saturday, August 21, 2010

Do the Right Thing, Making Right Choices - 2 Kings 18:1-6

Visit http://www.crossingthehomileticalbridge.com/

Hezekiah was not like his father Ahaz. He did it right. We always encourage our children, friends, and/or colleagues to "do it right" and "make the right choices." It seems Ahaz rarely did and made a real mess of the kingdom. Yet Hezekiah was determined to restore righteousness to God's people. I think he did an awesome job. He made the right choices:

1. The Choice of Authentic Worship (vs. 4)
2. The Choice of Audacious Trust (vs. 5)
3. The Choice of Attached Loyalty (6)

Yeh, my students would nail me and say it looks kind of like a preacher's outline. But remember what I always teach, "take the rough outline idea and direct it to the people (the masses)." So, if you use it, do just that. (Hey, I can't do it all for ya, can I?)

No comments:

Post a Comment