Sunday, August 1, 2010

Man Wastes his effort

Visit www.crossingthehomileticalbridge.com

Its early Monday morning in Ottowara Japan. Preached in the two churches yesterday and it was a joyous experience. The people of these churches were more of a blessing to me than I was to them. We could learn much from such a spirit of unity and cooperation. Visted the Shinto Temples and Shrines of Nikko. Such elaborate detail in these places of "worship." I was moved by the one thought that mankind for centuries has attemped to get to god and/or impress their idea of god in order to receive a blessing and have assurance of eternity. Person after person prayed before the tomb of a dead emperor god. In front of them was his closed, sealed tomb. He is dead and has been for centuries. I wanted to cry out to them, "The true God of heaven is alive and well. His tomb is empty, we dont come to God. He has come to us in His Son, Jesus!"

1 comment:

  1. That makes me want to stand up and shout, "Preach it, Brother, preach it!" I can't imagine going to a foreign land and standing there watching people bow before anything other than God. For us, we watch it on tv, see it on the news, read about it on the internet, etc. But I don't think we actually grasp the fact that these are real people who are lost without Christ. My heart just breaks at the thought. I have no idea how many eternities were changed because of your trip, but all I can say is, "Thanks for answering the call."

    ReplyDelete